The counselling for JEE Advanced 2018 will commence by June 2018. JEE Advanced 2018 is a national-level examination, which was conducted on May 20, 2018, in an online mode at different centres of India. The results are expected to be declared in the month of June. Every year, lakhs of aspirants appear for the exam, and there is a immense combat for each seat of IITs. Joint Seat Allocation Authority or JoSAA Board organises the counselling and seat allotment procedure for JEE Advanced 2018 from June 19 till July 15, 2018.
The participating students who are eligible for the counselling procedure must qualify JEE Advanced entrance exam and required to register for the procedure. There are three consecutive rounds conducted by JoSAA Board for JEE Advanced counselling and seat allotment 2018. These rounds include registration, counselling, choice filling, allotment of seats, selection of preferred colleges and courses, reporting to allotted Institute for tentative admission.
The candidates are required to fill JEE Advanced 2018 Roll number, date of birth, registration number and password. After the registration, aspirants are required to fill and clinch their choice of college and courses online, according to the preferences. The seats will be allotted to the candidates based on their preferences filled in registration and availability of seats in participating colleges/universities. The candidates have to pay the seat acceptance fee and physical fitness report to the respective reporting centre for document verification. It is very important to know for students that there will be no withdrawal option in the last round of seat acknowledgement of JEE Advanced.
The students are required to score at least 75% aggregate marks in class 12th Board exam and 65% marks to be scored by SC, ST and PwD categories. The candidates who are qualified for IITs must be within the top 20 percentile (category wise) in the respective class 12th Board exam.
So, here candidates will get detailed information about JEE Main 2018 Counselling Procedure. This includes certain steps as follows:
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Registration
The Eligible aspirants will have to enrol online for the counselling process. JEE Advanced 2018 counselling dates for filling up course and institute choices online will be going to held on 4th Week of June 2018.
The candidates have to fill in the required details and generate the User ID and password.
JEE Advanced 2018 Choice Filling Process
The aspirants must imply the branches, choice of courses and institutions from the participating list according to their choice. The students have the flexibility to select as many courses and edit them, change the order and new courses to their list till they clasp their preferences. However, the candidates can change or edit their preferences by Last week of June 2018 otherwise the choice will automatically be locked.
Seat Allotment Procedure
JEE Advanced 2018 seat allotment is strictly based on the All India Rank (AIR) and category rank secured by the aspirants. This process also includes the candidate’s preferences as indicated during the Online Counselling Registration Process.
Counselling Schedule JEE Advanced 2018
- Online Registration for Choice Filling and AAT (Architecture Aptitude Test) 2018 is Last Week of June 2018.
- AAT Result 2018 is going to be declared on June Last Week of 2018.
- The Admit List will be released & Wait-List after First Round of Counseling on 1st Week of July 2018
- Second Round of Counseling will be held at the end of the 1st Week of July 2018.
- The last Seat Withdrawal Date is 2nd Week of July 2018.
- Third Round of Counseling will be held on 2nd Week of July 2018.
Subsequently, aspirants are recommended to check the status after each round as the seats which are allotted to students. It may raise as other students opt seats they prefer or withdraw from courses.
Important facts for Engineering Students Reporting to Allotted Institutes
I. The candidates after allotment of the seats shall report to their respective Zonal IIT. It is mandatory to be in person for documents verification and fee payment process.
The following documents are required to be carried during document verification, it includes the originals and one attested copy of the documents:
- Printout of the Seat Allotment letter from JCOP Portal,
- Original Admit Card of the exam,
- Proof of Date of Birth: Class X certificate or Birth Certificate
- Mark Sheet and Certificate of Passing of Class XII or Qualifying Exam
- Category Certificate for OBC (NCL), SC, ST, PwD, and DS candidates) in the prescribed format,
- Attested copy of the Passport with name, photo and nationality (for foreign nationals),
- Duly filled Application Form (Annexure 1 of the Information Brochure),
- Duly filled Medical Examination Report (Annexure 2 of the Information Brochure),
- Registration Fees of Rs 60,000 in the form of Demand Draft for Rs. 60,000 (Rs.20,000 for SC, ST category) drawn in favour of Organizing Chairman, JEE (Advanced)-2018, payable at New Delhi. It will be adjusted against the tuition fee which has to be paid at the time of admission.
Note to the Candidates
- Aspirants who are not able to report the Zonal IIT before the specified date, they will not be considered for seat allotment therefore, their seats will be forfeited.
- In case a student is offered promotion, they can forfeit the claim on the seat allotted earlier to accept the upgraded seat.
II. Provisional Admission of Students
The students who are done with verification process and paid the fee, lastly colleges will issue a final allotment letter and provide them with a provisional admission. However, if students fail to meet other eligibility criteria or found to be faking any of their records, their admission will immediately be deemed cancelled.
- Other institutions also use JEE Advanced Results for admission to their courses. However, they are not part of the centralized counselling process of JEE Advanced 2018. Their names will be published on the official exam website later and students can contact them directly for admission to their courses.