The exam day for JEE Advanced 2018 is here, candidates are engaged in practicing for the exam with full dedication. It is essential to make a to-do list for the candidate along with practice and revision on the exam day. Nucleus Education brings a unified list of elements, students should keep in mind for 20th May 2018.
The decisive day is near for the students preparing apprehensively for years to attempt the toughest Engineering Entrance Exam in India. The JEE Advanced 2018 is the gateway to the prestigious IITs of the Nation.
This is the day that will test the limits of JEE Advanced aspirants as well as the day that may escalate them to the sky. JEE Advanced 2018 guidelines have been announced, which includes what to carry at the exam center along with the prescribed rules to be followed in the examination hall. IIT Kanpur has declared a list of IIT JEE 2018 including prohibited items in the examination and the allowed items, which are mentioned below:
- Candidate needs to carry his/her JEE Advanced Admit Card 2018
- Original photo identity card like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, etc.
- Black ballpoint pen with the transparent body will only be allowed in the exam hall.
- Small erasers and wooden pencils can be taken in the exam hall.
However, JEE Advanced 2018 allow candidates to take a simple analog watch but digital and smartwatches are still restricted in the examination hall.
At the Examination Centers
The candidates who have done their complete registration, including payment of fees before the deadline does not require to go through the following points.
For Indian Centers – All the partially registered candidates will need to submit a demand draft of INR 3100 for General, OBC-NCL and INR 1800 for SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female candidates at the examination center on the day of the examination, according to the latest notification of JEE Advanced 2018.
For Foreign Centers – A demand draft/ cheque of USD 210 from SAARC candidates and demand draft/ cheque of USD 350 from non-SAARC candidates will need to submit at the allotted examination center on the exam day.
The drafts/banker’s cheques should be in favour of “Organizing Chairman JEE (Advanced)” that will be payable at Kanpur.
JEE Advanced 2018 Dress Code
JEE Advanced Exam has a fixed dress code due to an increased statistics of unfair means used by the aspirants to crack the exam. Candidates need to follow the dress code stringently so that they can remain disciplined at the time of examination. We have provided the following section of dress code for female and male candidates separately.
- Dress Code for Female Candidates
- Simple half sleeve kurtas or tops are allowed to wear in the exam hall.
- Clothes having big buttons, brooches, badges, unpleasant colors are not allowed.
- Wearing any expensive jewelry items like nose pins, earrings, chains, bracelets, etc. are not allowed as the exam center management will not be responsible if they are misplaced or lost.
- Candidates must tie their hair with a simple hair elastic, no fancy hairpins, clips will be allowed in the examination hall.
- No veil/dupattas and other long draped dresses are allowed at the time of examination.
- Open sandals or slippers should be worn, otherwise, the candidate may be asked to take off footwear by the center’s staff members.
- Religious headwear is allowed but wearing a burka to the exam hall is not allowed.
- The girl candidates can cover their head but face and neck should be visible, for ID card verification purpose.
- Dress Code for Male Candidates
- Simple half-sleeved shirt and t-shirts are allowed.
- Aspirants can wear trousers and lowers.
- They can wear plain slippers and open sandals. Wearing shoes in the examination hall should be avoided.
- Religious headwear is allowed in the exam hall.
- Any kind of sunglasses or goggles will not be considered. However, Spectacles prescribed by the doctor are permitted.
- No belts will be allowed.
The above mentioned points are provided to candidates in a simple and easy way to clear their small doubts regarding exam day. For more details and JEE Advanced News 2018, stay tuned to Nucleus Education My Exams Blog.
Hope that the guidelines provided above will help candidates in JEE Advanced Examination. The students are free to ask any query in the comments section below.
All the Best!