Here we are going to talk about the students who are aspiring for JEE. No matter what course of preparation the student takes, be it for a year or two, we are taking into consideration the students who are IIT JEE 2020 Aspirants.
It is time to Introspect
The process is very simple. First of all, ask yourself the following questions:
- Why do you want to clear JEE?
- Will you be able to sacrifice or at least limit your free-style life of hanging out with friends, attending every function and enjoying life on social media?
- Will you be able to face the competition which registers 13 lakh students fighting for 10 thousand seats in some institutes across the country?
If you are able to get all the questions answered, you have all the reasons to prepare for JEE.
It is all in the Head
Students must keep their vision clear.The dream of getting into an IIT can only be achieved with strong willpower to succeed in one of the toughest entrance exams of the country. No matter how much you study or how many problems you solve, without determination everything will go in vain.
Select the right resources
Proper set of resources which primarily includes study material and teaching support is a prerequisite to master the tricks and techniques used in this competition. Also, along with the resources your hard work is a must.
Right working in the Right direction
Putting right amount of efforts in the right direction is something which differs from student to student. Some of the students may prefer to study at night while some might get dozed off early. Some of you may even like a particular subject more than the others but what matters is how proficient you are in each subject. One cannot crack IIT just by studying the subject of his or her own liking. You need to put enough efforts on each subject, devote proper time and make sure you leave no stone unturned.
Valuable points for preparation
Make a concrete plan and follow it consistently. This will help you to simplify the tough concepts and remembering them better. A suggestive plan is given below:
- Divide entire syllabus according to your level of difficulty
- Prioritize the topics and start working on the difficult areas first
- Set time limit for questions
- Analyse your solutions process
- Solve at least 40-80 numerical problems everyday
- Collect and solve test papers from previous years as attempting test papers of varying difficulties will give you both confidence and calmness
- Goal achievement should be time bound
- Be in touch with your board exam syllabus
- Don’t ever give up.
So this was all about the working plan. Along with this, time management for all the steps of all the three subjects should be done effectively. During the course of preparation if you feel like you are lagging at one subject, you should immediately start devoting more time to it, figure out the reasons for your lagging. For example, is it due to lack of proper concepts or insufficient practice or any other reason.
Don’t keep backlogs. Remember, there are hardly a handful of people who are successfully able to manage clearing the backlogs well in time and you should always try to become one of them.
Last but not the Least
Have faith in yourself as no one can help you better than you. Having faith in yourself will help you to remain confident through all the tough times. The journey that you are going to start will bring lots of surprises, failures, successes, setbacks and most importantly new learnings every single day. The most important part is not to get disheartened by failures or over-confident by successes. You must know how to maintain a balance between the two and keep maintaining the same until you achieve the target.
Believe that you can do it and after that nobody can stop you ever. Don’t forget, that smart work is equally important along with hard work for cracking JEE.